So many things have changed this year. SOOO many huge things have changed, I can hardly believe it. I'll try to keep it as chronological as possible. For the photo heavy post that is about to follow I apologize, I will try to limit them as much as possible.
1. I got a puppy. I don't think I even told you Jaco's story. I got him as a surprise present for Matt and I. Our first real tie as a couple and all that jazz. He was the tiniest, sweetest, smelliest puppy I have ever seen. I think he may not have been a full 8 weeks old when we took him home, he was minute! Check it out! He is the little brown speck on the end of that leash.
2. I started a blog - something I would never in a hundred years have seen myself doing, and you know what...I am SO glad I did. Chronicling my failures, insecurities, neurosis, and happiest moments with all of you has been such a blessing to me. I am shocked at the amazing relationships I have found among you all.
3. My big sister got married. This was hard for me, she has always been my constant, and she will always be my dearest friend. I am happy for the changes in her life, and for as much as I talk smack on her husband, there is no better man for her in this world, I know this. Also...I like his tattoos. Don't you dare tell him!
4. My big sister got pregnant. Sheesh....no more giggly wine tastings for us! She was two months pregnant and my wedding, and despite the fact that I was bursting at the seams to tell everyone that I was going to be an Aunt, she wanted to keep in a secret so she didn't "steal my thunder"...seriously...how sweet (if unnecessary) is that? I can't wait to meet the little person that has been somersaulting inside of my sister, bruising her ribs, and giving her gas. Way to go little one, you will do me proud!
5. Matt moved to be closer to me. No more two and half hour road trips with Jaco. No more bedtime phone calls, no more lonely nights at an empty apartment. Honey? I'm glad you're here.
6. I GOT MARRIED. Holy Crap. I thought I would probably never get married, and on my 23rd birthday I told my mom to just start buying me cat food in bulk, since I figured I was destined to become a crazy, single cat-lady despite my allergy to all things cat dander. Matt has rocked my world and changed my life and well...I think he's pretty cool.
7. I went to Europe with an attractive man. Ole!
8. I moved in with a boy...they kind of smell, but don't tell him I told you that. I like him anyway.
9. My sister-in-law got pregnant....babies all around!
9. We bought a house...kind of. Scroll down for more info. Hopefully we will close on the house soon and get some of these boxes unpacked.
I can't wait to see what 2009 dishes up! DO YOUR WORST NEW YEAR! I can handle it! Well...my blog readers can handle it, I may break under pressure...it's been known to happen.
I'm just sayin'.
What changes did 2008 bring to YOU dear reader? What changes would you like to see come your way in 2009?
Oh and...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!