I asked Matt what he thought the title of this should be, he said "something for the ladies", I'm not ever sure what that means?
All right folks, you asked for it, here it is! Today we are delving into the mind of my husband, Matthew. Anything I added or asked him in the process of this interview is italicized.
1. What is one thing that sticks in your memory from your teaching trip to Peru?
When I told the kids to sit like good students for a picture, it was the most exaggerated look I have ever seen, it was ridiculous.
2. Do you want to be called Uncle Matt, Uncle Mattykins, Uncle Matty, or just UNC?
Unc? Um Uncle Matt, or Uncle Matty, but then that sounds like a girl, so Uncle Matt.
3. Have you ever changed a diaper??
4. What is the best gift you ever received?
The best gift I have ever received? God's grace.
5. What is your favorite book?
I really like Blue like Jazz by Don Miller, I love the part where he actually mentions the "blue like jazz". You will have to read it to find out.
6. Would you rather be able to fly or read people's minds? Why?
Fly totally. I wouldn't have to put any more miles on my truck, you would be able to get anywhere so quickly. I could fly to work every morning.
7. What was the first thing you thought the first time you saw Country Mouse???
I thought she started a blog.
No honey, I think she meant me, what was the first thing you thought when you first saw ME, not the blog.
Oh, you? I thought you were beautiful, and then you punched me.
I did not!
You did! Punchbuggy. I thought you had beautiful eyes.
8. Why did you pick Spanish to teach?
I fell in love with the language while I was in the Dominican Republic. It's funny because I think that if they spoke a different language there, I would have wanted to learn that language. It was more about the communication with someone of a different culture.
9. What do you love most about your wife?
I saw this one, and I've been thinking about this for a while. That's really tough. I was thinking that I really love how smart she is, but that is more of an admiration.
I'm not smarter than you!
Yes you are, it's intimidating.
10. If you were stranded on a deserted island what three things would you have with you?
A fishing pole. My wife. And my guitar, no my dog, crap!
11. What's your middle name?
12. Favorite sport?
Football. Because you can take your aggression out on people.
Do you have a lot of pent-up aggression?
No, but you focus energy on a certain moment in football.
13. Favorite Movie?
14. When did you decide you wanted to MARRY Bekah? Was there a defining moment/memory?
Hmmm. I guess, when I told her I loved her that's how I knew it would end up. But as far as "I'm going to go get a ring and propose" there was never that moment I just knew that I would, or at least I don't remember.
On July 4th, 2007, that was the first time you told me you wanted to marry me, we were up at your parents house.
I actually said "I'm going to marry you?" Then put that in, that sounds MUCH better.
15. How many kids do you want to have (IF you want to have kids)?
I want two.
16. Do you like/love CHEESE? :-) What is your favorite kind???
Do I like cheese?! I LOVE cheese. I like everything from cheese whiz to blue cheese. My wife is lactose intolerant so that is one thing I have sort of sacrificed.