Monday, September 24, 2012

Half-bath in Progress

Ohhhh Kaaaay.  So.

I really really really wanted to hop on here today and be all like 'hey you guys! Check out all the amazing progress I made on our half-bath this weekend!!!' but no.  I had this amazing plan, I really did, but...well...it didn't work. 

Here is the deal. I wanted to do a big ol' reveal and shock you all, but this is a real life blog...and sometimes that just doesn't happen.  So...here is a peek into how the half bath is not progressing...

 Ever since I saw the reading room over at the Lettered Cottage, I knew that at some point I wanted to try doing stripes in a room.  I had thought that I would do them in one of the boys rooms, but since their ceilings are so low, I don't think it will work.  I then decided that our half bath would be a perfect place to do some stripes.  I measured and remeasured, gathered up all of my supplies, and started working. 

About an hour later (and some choice words for the tape), I had created Willy Wonka's bathroom...

...I then put on a first coat of my bright white paint for a subtle stripe, and there was my problem. 

My striped were SO subtle, that they aren't even there! How...neat. I wish I could say I totally rallied at that point and figured it out, but no.  I packed everything up, poured myself a big ol' glass of wine, and pouted on the sofa for the rest of the night.

How mature am I? 

Thanks to my sweet pep-talkin' hubs, I do finally have a plan, I am going to go back for another attack tonight, but I thought maybe you guys should see that sometimes(usually) my plans don't go off seamlessly.  Luke's birthday party is in two weeks, and I would like to have this mostly finished by then...wish me luck!

Have you ever had a project just NOT go the way you were hoping?

P.S. Jack told me he likes the green stripes and wants it to stay that way!

5 comments:

  1. Yes. Totally been there, and it sucks. So sorry, and I hope you get it done quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there. I actually made felt flowers for one of my recent wreaths, but I didn't like it, so I had to cut them off. Boo!

    Did you take all of the tape off then? I hope not :-X That's the worst part - the tape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully no! I did one striped first to make sure I liked it before I committed to doing the whole room, so I only had to retape part of it!~

      Delete
  3. Was trying to make a pair of sandals for Liam for a few weeks now before the weather got cold and I think the cold weather has come and they arent finished, so I am guessing I should make a bigger size for when Spring rolls around. Lesson learned....sewing on a sewing machine is not easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate disappointment like that! Hope it works out the second time around! :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...