That said, after we plopped down their beds and dressers, we kind of stalled out in there for a little while. I had accumulated a few little treasures that I wanted to hang up in their room, so one sunny afternoon last week I hopped to it. First up was the wall behind their beds.
much like our bedroom, it just needed something on the walls behind their beds. When Matt's mom cleaned out their basement (when she gave us that cool trunk) she also found a few boxes of things that had graced Matt's childhood room, including a bunch of really cool baseball pennants. I loved the thought of them being used in our kids rooms too, so I hung them up!
|Sorry for the crappy picture - it's a rainy Monday here in PA!|
Next up, I turned my attention to this big ol' blank wall.
The 'art' in the gallery wall is numbered so I can blabber about it a little...
1. A print that used to hang in my Nanny's farmhouse kitchen. It was there for as long as I can remember and it shows two little boys saying "you been farming long?"
2. A print that my mom found at a thrift store of pioneers crossing the Rocky Mountains.
3. Luke's first haircut certificate. As soon as I find a frame I am going to add Jack's as well.
4. A schooner sketch that I found at Goodwill for $3.
5. My miniature collection from when I was little. I love that thing.
6. The boys framed bow-ties.
I left some room to the right for the gallery wall to expand as I find more treasures for their room. I did try to take a picture so you could see it in context a little but better, but this was the best I got...